James Smith and Son Ltd provides services in Mainland UK (England, Wales and Scotland).
- The information we collect
- How we use your information
- How we share and disclose your information
- Retention of your information
- Data subject rights and your choices
- Third party links and features
- How we protect your information
The information we collect
- Address including post code
- Phone numbers both land line and mobile
- Email addresses
- Date of birth
- Items sold including Manufacturer, model, serial number and date bought
How we use your information
- For delivery / collection of equipment
- Emailing of offers from us if agreed by you
- We offer extended warranties
- Third party warranty providers
- We provide your details to a manufacturer if an in-warranty repair is required
- If there is a manufacturer promotion we provide details to that manufacturer
- We may provide your details if a manufacturer requires this for a safety recall
- Notification to the Police in case of fraud
How we share and disclose your information
- Paperwork for delivery
- Phone / voice and / or electronically for repairs
- Emailing of details for extended warranties
- Manufacturer safety recall if requested, Email in spread sheet form
- Manufacturer promotions and / or warranty registration / repair this will be provided electronically
- Police in case of fraud electronically
Retention of your information
- The length of time we keep your information depends on the purposes for which it was collected and use it and / or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Data subject rights and your choices
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
- Your Legal Rights
- Provide access to and / or a copy of information we hold about you.
- The right to be informed.
- The right of rectification if any details are incorrect.
- The right of erasure ie. Be forgotten and have your Name, address, email and date of birth removed.
- The right to restrict processing ie. We can hold your details but not use for marketing or warranties.
- The right to data portability, this only applies to personal data and would usually be provided in word or excel format.
- The right to object and the right not to be subject to automated decision making.
Third party links and features
We provide details to where applicable
- Retra Care (extended warranty providers).
- APC delivery service.
- Parcel force delivery service.
- Manufacturers whose products we sell
- Calculus (secure computer system)
- Hitachi Finance (credit or buy now pay later)
- Trustpilot (Customer Reviews)
- Secure Trading (to process payments)
- Trade Debt Recovery ( for non payment of accounts)
We also where appropriate provide details to:
- A manufacturer for a safety recall or under warranty repair.
- Experian if we need to do a credit check.
How we protect your information
- All data is keep on a closed server at Reference Point which is closed to the world and only opened to specific IP addresses, all data is run over https, so it is encrypted.
- Calculus continually monitor the system for data breaches and have a system in place to notify affected users.