James Smith and Son Ltd provides services in Mainland UK (England, Wales and Scotland).
- The information we collect
- How we use your information
- How we share and disclose your information
- Retention of your information
- Data subject rights and your choices
- Third party links and features
- How we protect your information
The information we collect
- Address including post code
- Phone numbers both land line and mobile
- Email addresses
- Date of birth
- Items sold including Manufacturer, model, serial number and date bought
How we use your information
- For delivery / collection of equipment
- Emailing of offers from us if agreed by you
- We offer extended warranties
- Third party warranty providers
- We provide your details to a manufacturer if an in-warranty repair is required
- If there is a manufacturer promotion we provide details to that manufacturer
- We may provide your details if a manufacturer requires this for a safety recall
- Notification to the Police in case of fraud
How we share and disclose your information
- Paperwork for delivery
- Phone / voice and / or electronically for repairs
- Emailing of details for extended warranties
- Manufacturer safety recall if requested, Email in spread sheet form
- Manufacturer promotions and / or warranty registration / repair this will be provided electronically
- Police in case of fraud electronically
Retention of your information
- The length of time we keep your information depends on the purposes for which it was collected and use it and / or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Data subject rights and your choices
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us via email email@example.com
- Provide access to and / or a copy of information we hold about you.
- The right to be informed.
- The right of rectification if any details are incorrect.
- The right of erasure ie. Be forgotten and have your Name, address, email and date of birth removed.
- The right to restrict processing ie. We can hold your details but not use for marketing or warranties.
- The right to data portability, this only applies to personal data and would usually be provided in word or excel format.
- The right to object and the right not to be subject to automated decision making.
Third party links and features
We provide details to where applicable
- Retra Care (extended warranty providers).
- APC delivery service.
- Parcel force delivery service.
- Manufacturers whose products we sell
- Calculus (secure computer system)
- Hitachi Finance (credit or buy now pay later)
- Trustpilot (Customer Reviews)
- Secure Trading (to process payments)
- Trade Debt Recovery ( for non payment of accounts)
We also where appropriate provide details to:
- A manufacturer for a safety recall or under warranty repair.
- Experian if we need to do a credit check.
How we protect your information
- All data is keep on a closed server at Reference Point which is closed to the world and only opened to specific IP addresses, all data is run over https, so it is encrypted.
- Calculus continually monitor the system for data breaches and have a system in place to notify affected users.